gardenia-photo-copy

The annual spring plant sale at the Eudora Welty Education and Visitors Center  featured potted cuttings from the large gardenia planted by Chestina Welty, Eudora’s mother, shortly after the family moved into the house is 1925. The sale was held Saturday, April 8 and was sponsored by the Welty Foundation to benefit the garden fund. A variety of perennials were also available. Gardenia photo courtesy of Susan Haltom, historic garden consultant for the Welty House and Garden.

This post is from the News archive.